The Freedom, or Maintenance Phase of your sex addiction recovery is momentous! The following applies to this phase:
You have reached this phase having been in recovery for 2½ years or more, spending the first six (6) to 12 months in this phase actively working recovery.
Ultimately, you will move out of therapy or use therapy sporadically to address specific concerns, work on “rough spots” in your relationship, or do periodic recovery check-ups.
You are in the Freedom (Maintenance) Phase of your recovery from sex addiction if you:
- Have at least one (1) year of unbroken sobriety
- Are living a balanced, growing life
- Have reached the point in which acting out has become more of a memory than a present temptation
Focus of therapy for individuals:
Focus of therapy for couples:
- Refining and refocusing your recovery routine
- Learning to balance recovery activities with other areas of life
- Expanding skills learned earlier (i.e., communication, boundaries, healthy sexuality)